Making caramel cream
- Melt the sugar over medium heat, stirring all the time.
- Bring the whipped cream to a boil and mix with melted sugar. Beware, the mixture can be sprayed!
- If you want a more stretchy caramel, then add a puffed sheet of gelatin to the hot mixture.
- Also add room warm butter in portions.
- Cool the cream and put in a jar.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Recipe: M.Sinkkonen “My French sweethearts”.
Making ice cream
- Mix 200 g of vanilla-flavored ice cream powder with 300 ml of cold water.
- Put the mixture in the freezer for at least 1 hour, then whisk with a mixer for up to 5 minutes.
- Pour half the ice cream mixture into a freezer-proof box and drizzle with caramel cream, then pour the other half of the ice cream mixture on top and drizzle the caramel cream.
- Place the ice cream in a freezer-proof box for at least 6 hours until overnight.
- Serve ice cream with caramel cream.